In this article, we will introduce you to different, miscellaneous object types, which usually have general data tables configured for specific uses and allow the collection and evaluation of further data using dedicated data types and GeODin layouts.
Climate monitoring station
With the help of the object type "Climate monitoring station", general data for each monitoring station together with the corresponding measurements can be recorded, displayed and evaluated in pre-configured customizable GeODin layouts.
General data mask for the object type "Climate monitoring station" with map preview
The general data mask allows the entry of the position and elevation of the monitoring station.
Two special data types with corresponding GeODin layouts are available for recording and displaying measurement results. These can be collected and entered on site or imported at a later time.
Object type and data types are bilingual and support the use of SI and United States customary units.
- general data
- bilingual (German, English)
- customisable dictionaries
- compatible with version 9
Data type "(E) Wind measurements”
The data type "(E) Wind measurements" has the following parameters, some of which are calculated automatically:
- Wind speed [m/s] (measured with an anemometer or estimated with a windsock)
- Beaufort scale (extended scale for dividing the wind strength into twelve ranges from 0 (calm) to 12 (hurricane); automatic assignment to the Beaufort scale based on the measured wind speed)
- Wind gusts [m/s] (a brief increase in wind speed, usually of short duration <20 seconds)
- Wind direction [°] (direction from which the wind comes (0-360°))
- Cardinal direction (cardinal, intercardinal and secondary intercardinal directions from which the wind comes; automatic calculation of the cardinal direction from the wind direction possible)
The predesigned layout "(KLM) Wind Measurement" allows the display of wind direction and wind speeds as a wind rose as well as a histogram.
GeODin layout for displaying wind direction and wind speed
Data type "(E) Wind measurements"
The parameters of the data type "(U) Climate measurements" are divided into two parameter groups (on-site parameters and daily values):
- Air temperature (5cm) [°C] (air temperature 5 cm above ground surface).
- Air temperature (2m) [°C] (air temperature 2 m above ground surface)
- Ground temperature (-10cm) [°C] (Ground temperature 10 cm below ground surface)
- Soil temperature (-20cm) [°C] (Soil temperature 20 cm below ground surface)
- Soil moisture [%] (Soil moisture under grass and sandy loam)
- Air pressure [hPa] (pressure within the earth's atmosphere)
- Relative humidity [%]
- Snow depth [cm] (absolute height of snow cover at a given location)
- Obscuration [1/8] proportion of sky obscured by clouds when observed from a given location from 0/8 -8/8; 9 - sky obscured)
- Coverage (ratio of cloud area to free sky area; cloudless to overcast, calculated from the obscuration)
- Type of cloud (cumulus, stratocumulus, cirrus etc.)
- Visibility [km] (maximum horizontal distance that just allows one to see a dark object near the ground against a bright background)
- Daily precipitation depth [mm] (daily amount of precipitation).
- Precipitation type (rain, hail, snow etc.)
- Daily minimum air temperature (5cm) [°C] (Daily minimum air temperature 5 cm above ground)
- Daily maximum air temperature (5cm) [°C] (Daily maximum air temperature 5 cm above ground)
- Daily minimum air temperature (2m) [°C] (Daily minimum air temperature 2 m above ground)
- Average air temperature (2m) [°C] (Average air temperature 2 m above ground)
- Daily maximum air temperature (2m) [°C] (Daily maximum air temperature 2 m above ground)
- Air pressure (daily average) [hPa] (Daily average of the Earth's atmospheric pressure)
- Sunshine duration [h] (measurement of sunshine duration per day)
- Global radiation [Wh/(m²-d)] (sum of global radiation per day)
Three predesigned GeODin layouts are available for evaluation of the parameters.
The layout "(KLM) Soil diagram" enables the presentation of soil moisture and soil temperature in relation to two depths over a defined period of time.
GeODin layout for displaying soil moisture and soil temperature
The monthly precipitation amount and the monthly temperature course can be displayed over a selected period of time by using the layout "(KLM) Climate diagram". The temperature minima, maxima and mean are calculated automatically.
GeODin layout for displaying precipitation amount and temperature including an evaluation of temperature minima, maxima and averages
The layout "(KLM) Weather diagram" displays the relative humidity, sunshine duration and the cloud coverage over a given period of time as weekly and monthly averages in tabular form.
GeODin layout for displaying relative humidity, sunshine duration and cloud coverage